Thursday, July 21, 2011

Futbol: Panama v Mexico

How could I pass up the opportunity to see a live futbol game in Central America????? I mean, this is possibly a once in a lifetime experience. There were 2 games: Portugal vs Nigeria, and Panama vs Mexico. It was the Copa de la Presidente de la Republica....and it is the road to the World Cup, apparently. Ok, I admit...I am NOT an expert on soccer, but being a the game was just amazing, I tell you. i already knew Panamanians had muchos orgullosos (a lot of pride.....I mean, I'm only half and wasn't born here and I have pride for this country!) but to see it first hand was exhilarating!! Here are many of the pictures I took....


My ticket...                                                                                             The flag....

The national anthems of both countries were sung.....          



The band and "cheerleaders"...
                                  
                                 Action!!!!


The score ended in a tie: 1-1.....but it is something I will never forget!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment