Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Another day...

So I have spent the better part of this morning updating my blog....yesterday was a busy day. We helped Abby collect more data, but this time she had to collect salinity samples of her tide pools from the time the tide left until it came back. So from noon to midnight....I was in the noon-six shift. We had to record the time the tide uncovered the pool then take a water sample every hour after that. Lots of climbing, sweating and tanning! Saw an iguana sunning itself on our way to the site and at around 5pm, I heard a family of raccoons fussing...and then saw an injured one picking his way across the rocks towards me. Such intellegience I saw in those black rimmed eyes. It was almost like he was thinking, "I know this human has to have something for me". He really was heading straight for me. But then he made a right....right towards my backpack! ha! i got up and followed to see what he would do, and sure enough...his little paws were in my backpack! LOL! He was trying to get a banana peel I had in there. I quickly shooed him away and then watched him meander down the beach trying to find crabs in the sand.

My goodness, my legs were like rubber at the end of the day and I was starving! I was having visions of pizza (Napoli's) and ice cream (GranClement-which I have yet to fully describe and post pics of....another day!). I sent an text to my housemates and finished my day. By the time I got home, showered, and dressed, everyone was ready to go! We caught a taxi to Napoli's, but....nooooooooo! Esta CERRADO!!! (it was closed) So off to Casco Viejo we go...at this point I could have gnawed off my own arm. I had una hamburguesa con papas fritas y un mudslide. Yummm! A great end to a tiring day. I slept so good last night....

1 comment: